Thursday 17 September 2015

1915: 17th September - Battalion diary - Lewis Cameron Nott wrote..

COUIN
Batallion Diary
9.20 p.m. Went into Divisional Reserve.

Strength of Battalion is 1 Officer over and 17 Other Ranks under establishment.

Casualties: 1 Other Rank killed, 2 wounded.

Lewis Cameron Nott wrote home to his mother this month:-

I censored a letter from a man named Wintle to you the other day thanking you for the Mother’s parcel. He is one of the Headquarters men being a pioneer & a very good fellow. There is one thing I would like to ask you about. 

I still have charge of the signallers in a way & they get an awful dull time sometimes on telephone duty all night & I see you can send magazines for nothing. If you could get people to send their magazines out when they have finished I could distribute them & I know the men weld be very grateful.

I censo

No comments:

Post a Comment